Protect your privacy online with
anonymous surfing and browsing.
Ultrasurf hides your IP address,
clears browsing history, cookies,
Using industry standard strong
end-to-end encryption to
protect your data transfer
from being seen by third party.
Bypass internet censorship to
browse the internet freely.
- Is it safe to use Ultrasurf to visit any websites? Can third party monitor what websites are being opened?
ANSWER: Ultrasurf uses industry standard strong end-to-end encryption to protect your data transfer from being seen by third party.
- If I use Ultrasurf to post on forums or visit websites, does the forum or website know my real IP?
ANSWER: Ultrasurf uses proxy technology to hide your IP address from websites you visit.
- After using Ultrasurf, are there any web history records on my computer?
ANSWER: By default, after you quit Ultrasurf, your browsing history will be automatically cleared. This option can be turned off.
If you use browsers other than Microsoft IE, you need to do this manually.
If Ultrasurf is not shutdown normally (for example, your computer suddenly loses power, etc), you may need to restart Ultrasurf and quit normally.
- Is Ultrasurf a Trojan or virus?
ANSWER: Neither. Some anti-virus software companies misclassify Ultrasurf as a malware or Trojan because Ultrasurf encrypts the communications and circumvents internet censorship. We are in the process of resolving this issue with these anti-virus companies. It is our mission to protect users' privacy when browsing the internet.
Startup, Shutdown, and Configuration Questions
- What should I do if Ultrasurf cannot connect to internet?
ANSWER: Please follow the steps below:
- Check if you can connect to the internet directly.
- If your internet is OK, please shutdown your firewall, anti-virus Software. Restart Ultrasurf.
- If you still cannot connect to internet, it may be because our servers are too busy. Please try again later. If you encounter this problem often, please email us your detailed platform and network environment information and we will attempt to remedy the situation.
- Why is Ultrasurf occasionally unable to find servers?
ANSWER: If it is temporarily network issue, you can try it later. If you see Ultrasurf user interface display a "network connection failure, check your network and proxy setting" message, please check your network connection setting or proxy setting, and firewall setting. If you still cannot connect to our sites, please send us your detailed platform and network environment information.
- After starting Ultrasurf, IE browser cannot automatically start.
ANSWER: You may have disabled the 'auto start IE' option. You can enable it by clicking Advance Setting on Ultrasurf interface. Please refer to Ultrasurf User Guide Advance Setting section.
- Why is Ultrasurf sometimes slower than normal?
ANSWER: This may be due to our server being overloaded. We are trying to find more resources to solve this issues.
- If using the ZoneAlarm firewall, upon launch of Ultrasurf ZoneAlarm produces prompt asking "Ultrasurf MFC Application is trying to access the web."
ANSWER: Click "Allow."
- I use my own proxy server and cannot connect to internet. Why is this?
ANSWER: Your proxy may be invalid. Please verify it. Many users search proxies by their own channels and some proxies have already expired. One of the great technology contributions from Ultrasurf is to provide a large number and stable proxy servers. Users can use Ultrasurf to browse the internet freely and easily, without the need to search proxy servers manually.
- Some companies block port 9666, which is used by Ultrasurf, how do I bypass it?
ANSWER: 9666 is local port. You can also change it in the "Option".
- Ultrasurf pops up a window and asks me to update, what does that mean?
ANSWER: This is Ultrasurf's auto-upgrade. If you choose "yes", the new version will be saved to the same location as the old version. The old version will not be deleted.
- If Ultrasurf is running and my computer abnormally shuts down, does it impact my IE browser?
ANSWER: Yes. But it can be recovered easily. If your IE browser cannot connect to internet, restart Ultrasurf and exit normally. Your IE should work normally.
- Why are certain websites inaccessible using Ultrasurf?
ANSWER: Ultrasurf employs internal filters to block illicit and pornographic content. Moreover, some websites with very high bandwidth requirements may not be supported by Ultrasurf.
- Some pictures cannot be displayed using Ultrasurf.
ANSWER: If this occurs, it is likely that the network is busy and Ultrasurf cannot retrieve pictures from servers. You can refresh your browser or try to clear your browser cache. If you use IE, just click Tools->Internet Option->Delete Files.
- When using Ultrasurf with IE, does it impact other browsers such as firefox, opera and some download software?
ANSWER: No impact. If you are running Ultrasurf with Internet Explorer, only IE is protected under Ultrasurf, while other browsers are not protected.